4-H Club FAQ
4-H Frequently Asked Question
- What age groups participate in 4-H?
- Do 4-H members have to wear a uniform?
- Is 4-H Expensive?
- What are projects?
- What happens at 4-H Meetings?
- How do youth benefit from 4-H?
- What is the purpose of 4-H?
- Do members have to sell their animals at the end of the project?
- How much time does 4-H require?
- Can parents participate in the program?
- What is 4-H
The mission of the California 4-H Youth Development Program is to advance the field of youth development while helping young people reach their potential.
As a true 4-H'er,
I PLEDGE my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service,
and my HEALTH to better living, for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
While learning about a particular subject area is a focus in 4-H projects, the purpose of the 4-H program is to build citizenship, leadership, and life skills. 4-H activities are a means to this greater end: helping kids grow into healthy, caring, competent adults.