Open Garden - Horticulture Center
Date: March 11, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: Sacramento Master Gardeners
Fair Oaks Horticulture Center
11549 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Open gardens are informal events where you roam the gardens, watch what we are doing, see what we are growing and ask questions. Got garden problems? Bring them to the Plant Clinic table.
All areas are staffed with Master Gardeners: grapes, herbs, fruit trees, citrus, vegetables, berries, composting, water-efficient landscape gardens.
At 10 AM watch mini-demonstrations in various areas:
- Grow warm season vegetables
- Fertilize fruit trees and citrus
- Manage pests in the orchard
- No-turn compost pile
- Thin early season grapevine growth and manage grape pests
- Prune herbs for better summer growth
- Learn how to select water-efficient landscape plants
Free! Located outside–rain or shine.
Visit us at upcoming events at the Horticulture Center.
Advice to grow by—ask us!